We are looking for an Account Manager to fill an immediate opening. Candidates MUST have prior agency experience to be considered.
You will be the primary “owner” of the day-to-day relationship between agency and client, responsible for balancing revenue goals of the agency and strategic goals of the client. You will work to have an intimate understanding of your client’s business portfolio and work alongside the Director and/or VP to proactively bring forward challenges and opportunities.
You will be responsible for defining objectives and success requirements of initiatives, involved in formulating strategy with other agency resources and supervising delivery of projects. You will take a hands-on approach to day-to-day client management to ensure deliverables are achieved with the highest standard of quality and profitability.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Full-cycle project management, including defining key scope and budget, information management both internally and externally, presenting agency recommendations and managing forecasts and client revenues
- Serve as liaison between client and all internal departments for the tactical execution of all projects
- Engage with clients and work collaboratively and proactively to exceed expectations through creative and lateral problem solving
- Participate in the development of strategic plans with actionable and unique creative ideas
- Support the development of client presentations and be able to play an active role in those presentations
- Provide regular status reports to Director and Client regarding all project initiatives
- Provide ongoing accurate and thorough financial reporting to Director and Finance team
- Participate in annual account planning for dedicated book of business including forecasting
- Ensure the accuracy of client estimates, budgets, reconciliations and invoices for all services
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of consumer promotions; shopper marketing, retail execution, social media, digital and other ‘below the line’ marketing initiatives
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of client’s business and industry including competitive monitoring across competitive brands/services and categories
- Collaborate with Group Director to develop innovative solutions for client business challenges
- Manage at least one Account Executive or Account Coordinator including appropriate delegation of work, participation in annual review and goal setting
Ideal Qualifications & Skills:
- 4+ years experience preferably from an integrated agency background or client side associate brand management or trade execution role with key focus on retail channel execution, promotion and shopper marketing
- A keen eye for detail and a proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
- A natural team player who is confident and articulate for day-to-day management of client, vendor & agency peer relationships
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to build and grow connections
- Ability to remain calm, collected and professional under times of stress or conflict
- A solutions-oriented professional who proactively addresses concerns and issues head on with confidence
- Have exemplary communication & organization skills
- Ability to assemble and present client focused presentations including creative and strategy alongside Group Director and/or VP
- Given the range of internal client relationship stakeholders (e.g. VP, Director, Creative Director) the ability to coordinate multiple streams of feedback & proactively manage up to the collective account leads in a timely manner with confidence, is essential.
If you are a go-getter and there’s an energy when you enter the room, an accomplished achiever who’s driven by success, you enjoy the challenge of managing a number of tasks simultaneously, love to learn and are obsessed with making clients beyond happy; most importantly, you enjoy being part of a team who prides themselves on doing great work, making their clients look good and having fun, then we’re interested in hearing how you can add some ‘fire’ to our shop.
The application package must include, at a minimum, a cover letter and resume. The caliber of the applicant’s writing will also be a factor in the hiring decision. Please submit your application package by February 15, 2018 for consideration.
Brandfire is committed to building a diverse workforce, representative of the communities we serve. We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation . Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment (if applicable) process as required under Brandfire Accessibility policies and procedures. Applicants must make their accommodation needs known upon requests for interviews.
We thank everyone in advance for their submission but only selected candidates will be contacted.
- Bachelor's degree, College diploma or equivalent in a related field
Let us know by filling in the form below.